Last Chance to Pass Vital Health Care Funding
Senators are considering whether or not to reverse the decision to not pass key health care funding provisions and pass this critical funding. That is why they need to hear from you.
Can you make a quick phone call to your senator and urge him or her to support extending funding for state Medicaid programs and COBRA subsidies?
It only takes 2 minutes of your time, but phone calls make a big impact. Just follow the directions below:
- Dial 888-340-6521 to make a toll-free call to your senator.
- Follow the prompts to be connected to the senator's office.
- A staff member will likely answer; tell him or her that you are calling to urge the senator to support including funding for state Medicaid programs and extending COBRA benefits in the American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 (H.R. 4213).
You can also add:
- Without this funding, states will be forced to consider severe cuts to Medicaid providers and benefits, which will jeopardize access to quality, affordable health care for millions of Americans.
- Without this funding, it will be extremely difficult for workers who have lost their jobs to afford COBRA premiums, and therefore, get the care that they need.
Once you have finished your call, follow the directions to call your other senator and share the same message.
Afterwards, please let us know how it went. Was your call answered? Was the staff member helpful?