Take Action on Tax Day
Tax Day—April 17th—is fast approaching! This Tax Day, we at United for a Fair Economy (UFE) urge you to work with us for Tax Solutions for the 99%.
Our tax code is rigged to benefit the richest 1% among us.
We need Tax Solutions for the 99%.
2012 is a pivotal year. Not only do all of the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of this year, but the outcome of the November elections could very well determine the future of our tax system.
We must tell Congress that Tax Solutions for the 99% will raise enough revenue to fully fund the vital government services that we all count on. The richest 1% and big corporations have gained the most from our economic system and can afford to fund the government that helped to enable their success.
Here are five actions you can take on Tax Day to help advance Tax Solutions for the 99%:
1. Tell Congress and President Obama to support Tax Solutions for the 99%.
Sign on to our letter that outlines a comprehensive plan of tax changes that will lead to a tax system where wealthy people and big corporations join the rest of us in paying their fair share.
2. Put your money where your values are!
Take UFE’s Responsible Wealth Tax Fairness Pledge today! Calculate your tax savings from the Bush tax cuts and redirect those savings to tax fairness organizing efforts around the country.
3. Attend a Tax Day event.
UFE is working with many organizations on three events in Washington DC that will highlight the need for Tax Solutions for the 99%, including:
- Tax Fairness All Star Panel on April 11th in Washington, DC. Attend in person or view via livestream.
- Panel Discussion: Should the Rich Pay Higher Taxes?, presented on April 12th by the Tax Policy Center. Attend in person or view via livestream.
- April 17th Tax Day Rally in Washington, DC.
4. Attend a 99% Spring training or local tax day event.
Be a part of the goal to train 100,000 people in non-violent direct action. Attend a training from April 9-15th at a location near you. And you can find or organize a local Tax Day event through MoveOn.org or WeAreOne.